Your browser is outdated!
To ensure you have the best experience and security possible, update your browser. Update now
Multidisciplinary engineer, 20+ years experience in industrial R&D, manufacturing, consulting services services for a variety of employers and customers.
Strong analytical skills for problem solving. Facts based management + agile, customer oriented vision of product development. Good team motivator.
Since September 2013
- Design and develop software for an innovation project
to August 2013
- Train employees and lead the change to Lean manufacturing and 5S
- Design and implementation of Lean Manufacturing in 3 production units. Drive the change.
- Development of “Advanced Planning and Scheduling” software with a SAP interface for "High MIx / Low Volume" production
Bobst Group (Asitrade)
to June 2011
- Design, development and project management of the hardware+software control systems of the "Power Aligner", an advanced aligning system for laminating machines
Coordination with internal customer (Asitrade, Bobst subsidiary in Grenchen, SO) and a strategic partner.
Patent, implementation, tests, fine tuning and support by the fist customer.
- Design and implementation of an optimal control for a box separator
- Setup of a wiki for the knowledge management for transversal R&D
- Training employees to dynamics and control
to June 2007
- Business development of consulting, training and customer support services.Improved offer for high added value products
- Management of a team of consultants and their projects in a fast growing company (40%) on a market reaching maturity.
- Direct support of demanding key customers, especially watchmakers
- Set up of new offices in Meyrin, Geneva
to January 2004
- Launch of a startup : market study, business plan, strategy, patents and trademarks
- Specification and design of technical software for mechanical engineers. Software development including off-shore outsourcing and strategic partnerships.
- Development of key algorithms in C++/STL
- Web site, e-commerce
to December 1998
- Re-engineering of the "final control" of machines (MoT diploma work) in the context of a Lean + Six Sigma production reorganisation
- Development of advanced control algorithms for several products
- Evaluation of strategic suppliers for a new NC
- Project manager for several collaborations with EPFL (CTI projects)
to December 2011
12 days training on the "Five Pillars of Lean Manufacturing", certified by the Swiss Association for Quality (SAQ)
EPFL + HEC Lausanne + University of Texas at Austin
to December 1998
Entrepreneurship, Marketing, Finances
Now an Executive MBA (http://mot.epfl.ch/ )
to April 1994
Model-based control of fast parallel robots : a global approach in operational space.
to June 1988
Ing. dipl. EPFL informatique, hardware orientation
1st year in mechatronics
French : mother tongue
English : fluent
German : basic
Italian : basic
Lean manufacturing, production optimisation
Dynamic systems, modelling, simulation and control
Scientific and technical software : 3D CAD (SolidWorks), FEA+CFD, Matlab, LabView.
PDM, PLM, ERP, MRP, wikis
Data mining, statistics and visualization
Algorithms and data structures
Real-time, embedded systems
Advanced programming in many languages (C++, Delphi, Python ...)
Agile software development
Mastering of many office + IT + web software