Your browser is outdated!
To ensure you have the best experience and security possible, update your browser. Update now
Multidisciplinary engineer, 20+ years experience in industrial R&D, manufacturing, consulting services services for a variety of employers and customers.
Strong analytical skills for problem solving. Facts based management + agile, customer oriented vision of product development. Good team motivator.
Since September 2013
- Design and develop software for an innovation project
to August 2013
- Train employees and lead the change to Lean manufacturing and 5S
- Design and implementation of Lean Manufacturing in 3 production units. Drive the change.
- Development of “Advanced Planning and Scheduling” software with a SAP interface for "High MIx / Low Volume" production
Bobst Group (Asitrade)
to June 2011
- Design, development and project management of the hardware+software control systems of the "Power Aligner", an advanced aligning system for laminating machines
Coordination with internal customer (Asitrade, Bobst subsidiary in Grenchen, SO) and a strategic partner.
Patent, implementation, tests, fine tuning and support by the fist customer.
- Design and implementation of an optimal control for a box separator
- Setup of a wiki for the knowledge management for transversal R&D
- Training employees to dynamics and control
to June 2007
- Business development of consulting, training and customer support services.Improved offer for high added value products
- Management of a team of consultants and their projects in a fast growing company (40%) on a market reaching maturity.
- Direct support of demanding key customers, especially watchmakers
- Set up of new offices in Meyrin, Geneva
to January 2004
- Launch of a startup : market study, business plan, strategy, patents and trademarks
- Specification and design of technical software for mechanical engineers. Software development including off-shore outsourcing and strategic partnerships.
- Development of key algorithms in C++/STL
- Web site, e-commerce
to December 1998
- Re-engineering of the "final control" of machines (MoT diploma work) in the context of a Lean + Six Sigma production reorganisation
- Development of advanced control algorithms for several products
- Evaluation of strategic suppliers for a new NC
- Project manager for several collaborations with EPFL (CTI projects)
- Contribution to a 2 days reduction of leading time, i.e. about 1 MCHF/year cost reduction
- Benchmarking of the "final control" and quality in three manufacturing plants
- High-level support of customers, occasionaly solving delicate problems at customer plants
- Development of piezo-actuated micro-EDM machines and a 3D force sensor using laser interferometry
- Introduction of specialized software (Matlab, LabView) and application in several area, especially quality control
- Training and management of collaborators
- Simulation of the EDM process. Scientific publication
M. Kocher and Ph. Guglielmetti “Modeling and Simulation of an EDM Die-Sinking Machine”, 1994, Proc. ISEM XI, Lausanne
Manufacture of "electric discharge" machine tools (EDM)